Clickbait alert – This does not actually contain bourbon. It is apparently named that because it was created by a Chinese cook who worked on Bourbon Street. Either way, this is a great and easy recipe, especially if you like Chinese food.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
Heat oil in a large skillet, add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
Remove chicken, add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved, add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve over hot rice and enjoy.