We tried this mushrooms for the first time in France, and, good lord they are good! Mushrooms are like sponges so using that to our advantage we can infuse a lot of flavour into these little morsels.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh chanterelles
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices toasted sourdough, for serving
- 4 tablespoons shaved vegetarian Parmesan
Heat your largest fry pan over medium-high heat, and when it is hot, add the olive oil. Once the olive oil is hot, add the chanterelles. Cook for 4 minutes without moving them around too much, add the sherry vinegar and the lemon juice and cook down until fully reduced,
add the stock and reduce by half (you are not exactly reducing so much as hydrating the mushrooms), add the rosemary, thyme, parsley and butter. Stir with a wooden spoon to incorporate the butter. Season with salt and pepper.
Evenly spoon the chanterelles over the 4 pieces of toasted bread and garnish with shaved Parmesan.