This is a great breakfast sandwich that makes it hard to find an excuse to skip breakfast since it uses the microwave.
- Non stick vegetable oil spray, vegtable oil or unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar
- 2 slices toast or 1 English muffin, biscuit, or roll, split, toasted
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Hot sauce or pesto (for serving)
Spray inside of bowl with nonstick spray or lightly coat with oil or butter. Add eggs, salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp. water; mix with a fork until combined.
Microwave on high 30 seconds; you should see bits of solid egg floating in uncooked part. Stir gently (this will help egg cook evenly) and microwave again 30 seconds or until egg puffs up dramatically. Add cheese and continue to microwave until egg is just set and cheese is melted, 15–30 seconds. Using a small spatula, transfer egg mixture to bottom toast slice. Top with avocado, drizzle with hot sauce or pesto, then top with remaining toast slice. Serve immediately.