While the BLT is a fantastic sandwich (maybe the best sandwich), this sandwich is also incredible. While you could also put bacon in this sandwich, using a hard-boiled egg adds richness to this sandwich.
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup Hellmann’s or Best Foods mayonnaise, divided
- 2 thick ripe beefsteak tomato slices
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, sliced crosswise
- 3 leaves iceberg lettuce
Spread both sides of bread slices all the way to the edges with the thinnest layer of mayonnaise possible.
Heat a dry large skillet over medium-low; cook bread until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer to a plate; let cool. Spread remaining mayonnaise over both slices of bread.
Top a slice with tomatoes; season generously with salt and pepper.
Arrange eggs over tomatoes; season. Top with lettuce, close sandwich, and cut in half.