These smoothies have been very popular over the last few years, and we’ll admit, we were hesitant at first. But, this combination of spices and almond milk is not only really good but apparently good for you!
- 1 banana, chopped
- Big spoonful almond butter
- Pinky’s worth fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Thumb’s worth fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped
- Several grinds fresh black pepper
- Pinch ground cayenne
- 1/2 cup almond milk, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, plus more as needed
Combine the banana, almond butter, ginger, turmeric, and spices in a small plastic bag. Freeze for at least 8 hours or up to several weeks.
When you’re smoothie-ready, add the almond milk to the blender, then the smoothie kit. Pulse until as smooth as possible, scraping every so often. Add the coconut milk and blend until smooth, supplementing with more of either milk if necessary.