A lighter summer option, but still incredibly delicious. Some people don’t like cilantro, so if you are one of those, this may not be up your alley, but if you do, this is a simple and flavourful way to prepare chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the Cilantro Marinade
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I use more)
- 1 lime, zest of
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Mix together the marinade ingredients in a deep bowl. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat completely. Cover the bowl and refrigerate.
Marinade for about 1 hour. You can leave the chicken in the marinade longer, but because the mixture is very acidic, the chicken will begin to appear poached.
Preheat your grill. Cook the chicken over medium hot coals for about 3-5 mins per side.
Serve and enjoy.